We are looking for a highly motivated individual who possesses sound knowledge of financial accounting, project cost-benefit-analysis, oriented and organised, keen on integrity and ethics.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any related field.
Practical knowledge of accounting software, particularly QuickBooks.
Minimum of 8 years post NYSC experience working in this role or a similar role.
Membership of ICAN/ACCA will be an advantage.
Must be able to demonstrate commitment to ethical standards and high level of priority.
Up to date Knowledge of FIRS Standards and other Accounting Laws in Nigeria.
The Finance Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Reporting to management and stakeholders, and providing advice how the company and future business decisions might be impacted.
- Developing long-term business plans based on financial reports.
- Oversee all cash and bank transactions according to the account in question.
- Create strategic business plans based on the analysis of the company’s status and financial forecasts.
- Reviewing, monitoring, and managing EiE’s budgets.
- Oversee requisition of all expenses to be made.
- Create a requisition for all cheques and keep cheque stubs as a record.
- Ensure that the collection, processing and communication of financial information is properly done.
- Developing strategies that work to minimise financial risk.
- Manage update transactions per grant/jobs/class in QuickBooks.
- Ensure all transactions are posted with their respective cheque numbers/receipt number in QuickBooks.
- Ensure donors are posted as customers in QuickBooks.
- Prepare EiE annual financial statement report, showing the balance sheet, income statement and cash flows.
- Generate annual financial statements based on job and class.
- Ensure all tax payment (PAYE & WHT) are paid promptly and duly.
- Post PAYE as a single transaction for all employees for the month.
- Follow up with tax consultant on revenue and credit note on WHT payment made.
- Supervise the documentation of the company’s financial status and forecasts.
- Advise colleagues and executive management on decisions related to the company’s finances.
- Liaise with 3rd Party Persons, that is, Auditors and Tax Consultants.
- Work with consultant to audit EiE account on a yearly basis.
- Oversee the operations and development of the company’s finance departments including creating and reviewing policies, budgeting, recruiting, training and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures.
- Scrutinize budgets submitted by Unit Leads for projects/program.
- Supervise the preparation of quarterly and annual account reconciliations, monitor and enforce compliance with tax and financial reporting standards and assist with cash flow forecasting.
If you fit this profile, kindly send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org